If a woman needs to take a pregnancy test, she’s not likely to face the problem of deficiency or tests lack. Regardless of this, the question that keeps bothering every woman is whether all these tests are reliable. Well, of course not: some provide higher rates of accuracy, others – lower ones.
Knowing what test to choose, you can ensure the reliability of the result. A First Response pregnancy test belongs to the type you can trust to. Let’s find out why.
The very first thing that comes to one’s mind is the sensitivity of the test. First Response tests are the most sensitive and can be performed about 3-5 days before a woman expects her period. One of the greatest benefits is the fact the instructions are written both in English and Spanish and include photographs.
When being compared to many other brand tests, these ones are easy to use. By the way, almost all First Response pregnancy tests work in the same manner: they detect whether the HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) is present in the urine.
What Types of First Response Tests to Consider
The brand offers several types of pregnancy test:
- First Response Early Result pregnancy test detects the presence of the HCG hormone up to 6 days before a missed period. It displays the results with a line that indicates a negative result and 2 lines that stand for a positive one. The time required is 3-5 minutes after urination on the strip.
- First Response Digital pregnancy test detects the level of hormones up to 5 days before a missed period. A digital test shows the results displayed in the digital window (Yes/No). To read the results you are to wait up to 3 minutes only.
- And, finally, First Response Rapid Result test. It provides reliable results in 1 minute after urinating on a strip. Though the results are given in a traditional manner, the test cannot detect HCG until the menstrual period is missed.
First Response Tests: Advantages
- First Response pregnancy tests are available (at drug stores, grocery stores, mass merchandiser, etc.). Brand’s standard pack has 2 tests ($8), though you can buy packs with 3 tests, as well.
- All types of tests come with instructions, and the test provides an option of holding the tip in urine stream for 5 seconds or simply immersing it into a urine sample.
- These tests can obtain an accurate result up to 4 days prior to the menstrual cycle. Earlier tests allow you to find out the results sooner.
- The provided results are much easier to read and interpret. When the window shows a single pink line, you’re not pregnant, if the result window indicates 2 lines, you’re pregnant. Even when the test is negative, you can wait up to 2-3 days and take one more test (available in a pack).
- The accuracy of the provided results is 99%, which is the highest indicator. Only blood test can give a 100% guarantee.
Are There Any Drawbacks?
Well, no one and nothing is perfect. Cost can be the major disadvantage, though paying $8 for two reliable tests doesn’t mean spending a lot. Besides, the test can detect pregnancy in 70% of women 4 days before the expected period, so you could be one of those 30% that the test cannot detect the hormone in.
This sounds really disappointing, but, speaking about the price, First Response pregnancy tests are priced rather competitively with home pregnancy tests from other brands. Besides, the accuracy of the results is really impressive, and far not all tests can ensure the same level of reliability.
Do you think you’re pregnant? Use First Response pregnancy tests to detect the presence of HCG in your urine. Don’t wait for another day or chance. Do it today and be 99% sure you are/aren’t pregnant.